1. Scheduling should be only after complete healing from any surgery or invasive procedure.
2. After 1 year of ceasing treatment on any medication with Isotretinoin (Claravis, Sotret, Myorisan, Amnesteem, Absorica, Accutane, Zenatane)
3. 4 weeks after Botox, fillers, facial peels, tanning or sunburns
4. 4 weeks after ceasing chemotherapy or the use of cytotoxic antineoplastic agents
5. You do not have to stop using immunosuppressive medication however keep in mind that while on it, it can prolong healing which means you need to be even more diligent in accurately taking care of your procedure/s as there is an increased risk of pigment loss and infection
6. If you are Diabetic, after getting your HBA1C in a good range
7. Skin is completely free of tinted or fake tan lotions
1 Week Prior
1. Scheduling should be at least 48 hours after end of menstrual cycle or 7 days prior to reduce bleeding and sensitivity.
2. No Electrolysis on area to be tattooed.
3. To reduce swelling and possible bruising: No Aspirin, Ibuprofen, NSAIDs, Blood Thinners/ anticoagulants, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Omega, Acne medication or medication with Tretinoin, Medication that makes you sensitive to the sun, Antibiotics, Hormone supplementation, corticosteroids or anabolic steroids.
4. Tylenol is okay to take prior and during procedure.
48 Hours Prior
1. Absolutely No recreational drug use or alcohol 48 hours prior to procedure
2. No waxing or dye 48 hours prior.
1. No diet pills 24 hours prior,
2. No caffeine or smoking 6 hours prior,
3. All of the above can dehydrate, increase blood pressure, increase sensitivity and negatively affect the condition of the skin which all leads to poor healing and color loss.
4. Please wear your makeup to the procedure and bring your typical brow, liner, lip color for color matching.
5. Benadryl or Zantac can be taken 30 minutes before procedure and daily to decrease swelling while healing.
1. If you get or have ever had cold sores:
You will likely have a breakout while healing and without medication, breakout could be severe. Prescription medication should be taken 3 days prior to procedure and 7 days during healing.
Non-prescription 1000 mg L-lysine can be taken daily 10 days prior and during healing (make sure no interference with other medications)
2. If you get canker sores, you should be totally healed and free of any for at least 7 days prior.
Eye Liner Procedures
1. Eyelash extensions must be removed prior to treatment.
2. Discontinue Lash Growth Serums 7 days prior to procedure and until completely healed (4 weeks).
3. Contacts will be asked to be taken out prior to procedure the day of and I highly recommend that you only wear glasses until 7 days after healing. If this is not possible, contacts may be put back in the following day at your own risk.
4. A friend may wait in the lobby during your procedure and take you home if you feel you are not able to drive after due to swelling.